July 9th to August 20th, 2021 (6weeks/24 hrs)
What is Parenting Coordination?
Parenting Coordination is a child-centred dispute resolution process for families with children who are separated or divorced and continue to have unresolved conflict. Generally, it is a process that includes coaching, and education, consensus building and, when authorized, decision making. Families can enter parenting coordination by contract or court order, depending on the laws in their area.
Who is this course for?
It is for professionals who wish to become parenting coordinators and work with high-conflict divorce families. Generally, course participants should be practicing lawyers, dispute resolution professionals or mental health professionals with many years of experience working with families. Qualifications to practice as a parenting coordinator vary by region and additional training or skills may be required in your jurisdiction.
- Impact of High Conflict Divorce
- History and Evolution of Parenting Coordination
- The Legal Framework
- Appointment Documents
- The Cooperative Parenting Training Models
- Session Protocol
- The Role of New Partners
- Parent Child Contact Problems
- Intimate Partner Abuse
- Child Development
- Communication Skills
- Managing Anger
- Interventions & Strategies
- Facilitating Agreements
- Working with Challenging or Impaired Parents
- Coaching Techniques
- Parenting Plans
- Ethical Guidelines and Dilemmas
Course Schedule: July 9 to August 20, 2021 (6week/24 hr)
- Course includes self-directed learning, quizzes, assignments and live weekly sessions on Fridays from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time
- Participants must complete all of their classwork in order to receive their certificate of completion.
- Until June 4, 2021 – $800 USF
- From June 5, 2021 to July 8, 2021 – $900 USF
- Until June 1, 2021: Full refund minus $50 administration fee
- June 1, 2021 thru June 12, 2021: Receive a 50% refund
- After June 13, 2021: a credit towards a future offering within 1 year
Textbooks: The Parenting Coordination Reference Manualand Cooperative Parenting and Divorce: A Parent Guide to effective Coparent are INCLUDED in the training fee and US shipping. International Shipping will be billed
Payment by Check:
If you would prefer to pay by check, please use this linked downloadable registration form.