About Parenting Coordination Training for Professionals
Parenting Coordination training is now available as an on-line training course! Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all in-person training has been suspended. Click here for current offerings.
This course is intended for those professionals who wish to become parenting coordinators and work with high-conflict divorce families. Generally, course participants should be practicing lawyers, dispute resolution professionals or mental health professionals with many years of experience working with families. Qualifications to practice as a parenting coordinator vary by region and additional training or skills may be required in your jurisdiction. This training meets the requirements of most state statutes and the AFCC.
This training will be offered as both a 24 and a 26 hour PC certificate. The 26 hour includes additional training to meet the requirements of the LA PC Statutes. The class consists of on-line lessons at your leisure with Q&A’s and demos each Friday. Download sample course expectations and schedule.
- Impact of High Conflict Divorce
- The Legal Framework
- Variations of PC Authority
- Appointment documents
- Cooperative Parenting Model of PC and Session Protocol
- The Role of Significant Others
- Parent Child Contact Problems; Alienation, Estrangement, Alignment, Affinity and Developmental Issues
- Reunification for PA and Estrangement
- Family Violence in PC
- Managing Angry Parents
- Interventions & Strategies
- Facilitating Agreements
- Working with Challenging or Impaired Parents
- Coaching Techniques
- Interviewing Children
- Child Development Attachment, Trauma and Access
- Finding Common Ground and Facilitating Agreements
- Identifying and Resolving Parenting Plan Loop Holes
- “In the Event Language”
- Marketing your practice
- AFCC Guidelines for best practices and Ethical Dilemmas
Your Instructor: Susan Boyan
Susan is a Director of the CPI and co-author of the Cooperative Parenting and Divorce Parent Guide, The Parenting Coordination Reference Manual and Co-Parent Communication Handbook. The Cooperative Parenting Institute has been providing training every year since 1998.
Read what others have said about the parenting coordination training!
24 hour course: Early Bird Pricing is $850USF while regular pricing is $900.
INCLUDED in the USF registration fee: The Parenting Coordination Reference Manual, AND, the Cooperative Parenting and Divorce: A Parent Guide to Effective Coparenting (Note: US shipping and International Shipping will be billed)
26 hour course: An additional fee will be collected.