Cooperative Coparenting through Separation or Divorce Program Kit
NEW & AVAILABLE SOON! Cooperative Coparenting through Separation or Divorce Kit
NEW! Cooperative Coparenting through Separation or Divorce Program Kit
Meet Cooperative Coparenting through Separation or Divorce! This newly revised program helps parents shield their children from parental conflict related to separation or divorce. Over 8 sessions (16 hours), parents learn to defuse conflict by minimizing blame and taking responsibility for their contribution while establishing a positive, long-term, cooperative relationship with the other parent.
Written by therapists Susan Boyan and Ann Marie Termini, it is the most extensive, informative and interactive cooperative parenting resource to date examining the complex realities of divorce and separation.
How the coparenting program works:
Facilitated by a parent educator, the 8-week program is part video and part group discussion. It is recommended for groups of 10-16 parents. Each session is designed to last 2 – 2.5 hours.
This newly revised program includes all of the key concepts of the original classic, such as:
- Educating parents on the impact their conflict has on their children
- Educating parents on how to replace destructive reactions with constructive responses.
- Teaching parents the practical skills they need to manage anger, increase impulse control, resolve conflict and talk to each other without arguing
Plus new topics:
- How to set up a two home communication system
- Challenging parents to confront negative patterns
- Taking more responsibility
- Dealing with typical issues such as returning clothing
- Handling transfers
- Handling finances
- The impact of a significant other dating
The powerful and practical Parent’s Guide provides vital information and gives real-life examples and worksheets so parents can practice their new skills in the comfort of their own home. It serves as a useful reminder of effective strategies long after the course is over—a must have for all course participants!
Standard Program Kit includes:
- PowerPoint Presentation with embedded video (slides + 35 min. of video with no captions (See PC System Requirements)
- 1 Leader’s Guide
- 1 sample Parent’s Guide
- 1 sample Parent Class Completion Certificate
- 2 Course announcement Posters
- 1 Reproducible Promotional Flyer (download)
PC System Requirements for the PowerPoint with Embedded Video
- The PowerPoint with Video is provided on a USB drive, also known as a flash drive or thumb drive. Your computer will need a USB port.
- Requires PowerPoint to be installed on your computer (not just PowerPoint Viewer)
- This program is optimized for the Windows operating system running Microsoft Office 2007 or later.
- Versions of Office older than 2007 are not supported.
- To project the slides and video, you will need a projector or TV attached from your computer.
- The video on PowerPoint is not captioned.